Friday, August 20, 2010

What is the best foundation for acne prone, and combination skin?

I want a powder that feels light and looks natural. Also one that is good for your skin. That doesn't clog pores and cause acne.What is the best foundation for acne prone, and combination skin?
I always went thru ';the cycle';--you know, when you break out, so you put more make-up on to cover the break-out which just makes you break-out more! Then, I asked a friend of mine what she was doing differently because her skin suddenly looked fresh and luminous. She was using Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals. Although I prefer to spend the $5-20 on drugstore make-up, than the $30-60 on the Bare Minerals, it's been well worth the money. I no longer break-out even after sleeping with the make-up on. I recently ran out of Bare Minerals and substituted Clinique foundation (a good foundation!) for a few days. I broke out all over again %26amp; the Clinique just felt sooo h-e-a-v-y after being used to the weightless Bare Minerals. If I scratched my face with the liquid foundation, I came away with a nail full of make-up. But scratch your face with the Bare Minerals, and you don't notice much if anything at all. It also lasts all day.





Warning: I do not buy the starter kit of Bare Minerals. I buy piece-meal. If you're fair skinned like I am, the ';warmth'; that comes with the kit is too orangy. Use the pink stuff (I forget what it's called even tho I use it everyday, sorry) that looks like blush instead. Also, do not use whatever that skin treatment is that comes with the starter kit, as it irritates most people %26amp; leaves your skin ';too tight'; for lack of a better description.





My beauty salon lets me pick out the blush-like stuff, the foundation, and the powder (larger containers than what's in the starter kit) for the price of the starter kit. Price around locally at the salons to see what deals you can find.





RESPONSE TO YOUR ADD'L DETAILS: Clinique powder is also much heavier than Bare Minerals. It also looks like make-up, but Bare Minerals just looks like a better version of you! :-)What is the best foundation for acne prone, and combination skin?
I'm another lover of Earthen Glow Minerals Cover Me foundation. I also love another foundation that they make, Youthful Glow. Both provide excellent all day flawless coverage and they'll definitely have your color because they have so many and they custome blend if you need. Try them out because their mineral foundation is exellent.





Another option is Lauress. They have beautiful coverage and many color options too.
I have really oily skin and I am prone to acne, so I wanted a powder to keep my pores from clogging up. I really like the mineral powder by Maybelline. I also use their mineral powder blush to bring back the natural color to my checks after applying the foundation type powder. Good luck. I hope this helps! :)
I love EGMinerals Cover Me foundation. It's great with oily skin but also is non drying if you have dry skin. It lasts well and the coverage is excellent. You can get samples and they'll send you more once you order free of charge if you don't find your color with your first purchase. They even custom blend free of charge. Give them a look.
Watch this foundation review, it really helps!








Part 1:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRlTPjZN2鈥?/a>





Part 2:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmshtkIu鈥?/a>
oooh a great one would be Mavrags mineral Foundation. It's 100% mineral and has an oil absorbing ingredient. Works great.
That's a tough question. I have the same kind of skin and I still haven't found the right answer yet. I haven't tried BareMinerals though... would that work?
neutrogena skin clearing foundation
get the same exact color of your skin from covergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment