Monday, November 21, 2011

Why does oily, dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin sound almost hilariously impossible, but I have it?

All my life, I've tried to take excellent care of my skin. That is to say I washed it with gentle cleaners, exfoliated, and moisturized. At one point I broke out so badly on my cheeks that I began seeing a dermatologist (whom I still see) and was prescribed cream and antibiotics. While that's under control, it's only part of the puzzle. EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER USED to moisturize has made my face impossibly oily and uncomfortable. All the stuff out there that's ';oil-free'; and claims to ';keep your face matte for hours'; is crap. To top it off, my face also gets so dry sometimes it actually peels off. Lately I've been developing mysterious white bumps on my cheeks and chin. I've never had that before....wtf? Probably the funniest part about all this is you would never tell from looking at me in public because I'm dilligent about my makeup choices.





My question is, which I've asked the skin gods many a time, WHY? (And what products if any do you recommend?)Why does oily, dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin sound almost hilariously impossible, but I have it?
I have the same problems, although my face doesn't get quite that dry. It's probably the medication you're taking that's making it dry out so bad. For a moisturizer, I've found that Moisturelle is the best. It's definitely not oily at all. It doesn't leave your face moisturized for a looong time, but I find it does the trick. It could also be your make-up that's bothering your skin. I've finally found the best kind, which is tru-blend by covergirl. It's the only ';liquid'; foundation I can wear that looks the best and doesn't look greasy afterwards. I can't use a powder finish b/c it clogs my pores.





The only other great skin cream I've ever used was an ';oxygen'; based cream, but it's kinda hard to find and expensive here. I found a link to it (for some reason it's on a vegan page, but whatever). I think Moisturelle might be a Canadian brand. I also use Cetaphil now and then, but I do find it's a bit heavy and greasy even though it says oil free.





Btw, I would see your doctor about this, not just your dermatologist, b/c you could have something else wrong with you and your skin is just a symptom of it. (ie poor digestive track etc.).Why does oily, dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin sound almost hilariously impossible, but I have it?
Have you tried Purpose by Johnson and Johnson, it has given me no problems. In addition I now use Arcona products, I have combo skin also. Also the drying and peeling may be coming from the products your doctor is prescribing, for instance my face never did well w/ Retin-A or Differin gel.





Nevertheless, try Arcona, go on line, get the 1-800 and call the spa, tell them your issues and they will send you samples so you can at least try before you buy.
If you鈥檙e looking for accurate acne information, best to see a dermatologist. Some people believe doctors are predisposed to take the easy way to deal with acne鈥?prescription drugs. But, with many, this simplistic answer may not be the appropriate course of action. Some feel that such prescription drugs just treat the symposium and not the underlying cause. But, a local dermatologist is still your best starting point.


For me personally, I discovered a great informational acne treatment site. Not only is there good information/articles but I got their audio e-book and following it鈥檚 advice can now say that my acne is a thing of the past! Keep in mind, were all different and there are various types of acne, so what works for some may not be totally effective for all.





Bottom line, hang in there, you will get past this! Sincere best wishes and good luck.


Oh, by the way the site that helped me is:


http://www.acne-treatment-medicine-1.inf鈥?/a>
what about natural thingd?


1-You can use a mask of cucomber %26amp;starch (it will make oily skins relax)


2- milk is good.


3-';Golab'; : it is the essence of a kind of Roses.It is the best for the skin cleaning.
Homeopathy :-


Take SULFUR 30C thrice a day half hour before meals for three days and let me know your progress after three days and stop using all sorts of gimmicks on your skin it is those which are causing you all the trouble.SULFUR is usually the first remedy in allergic reactions after that we have to take you up according to how you feel till 100% cure.


Take Care and God Bless you !
OK. Acne is caused by flaking of the skin which usually normal... but it's when it flakes off inside the layers of the pore (which is not normal ) and is mixed with the oils that your pores produce to naturally moisten the skin.... this causes a cement effect and clogs the pores. This unusual flaking of skin is suspected to be related to hormonal changes in most cases.


Your skin needs a balance of the mild exfoiliation and added moisture not the usual drying agents that are in acne meds and most toners.


Proactive skin care is a great product to try... it uses a mild exfoiliator fallowed by a alchohol free toner(other toners and harsh exfoiliators can make it worse)and is completed with a repairing lotion that has a small amount of benzoil peroxide to treat the breakouts and prevent new ones from forming. If you use it twice a day with a non-comodegenic moisturizer with spf protection you will get great results. The peeling is probly caused by something your using to treat the acne like benzoil peroxide or alchohol based products.


You may try Proactives daily oil control to get that matte look you want along with the 3 step formula.... it really does work and it is relatively inexpensive, about 20 bucks a month for the 3 step kit and you can add the daily oil control for only like 5 bucks a month extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment