Monday, November 21, 2011

What type of moisturizer for acne prone skin...?

i started using benzoyl peroxide for my acne (which works wonderfully btw), unfortunately it makes my skin very dry. what type of moisturizer should i get? thank you...What type of moisturizer for acne prone skin...?
used oil free moisturizer like clean %26amp; clear shine control


or Neutrogena oil free fresh moisture is awesome great oily skin it leaves a nice matte finish also Clinique dramatically different gel face lotion expensive but works great it face very soft nice they have face lotion for dry skin also. also olay makes good face cream very rich nourishing for your skin making more dewy .What type of moisturizer for acne prone skin...?
I've tried a lot of stuff for my acne,


but in the end you really shouldn't use anything for your skin.


If you shower once a day,(preferably at night) you should be washing out all the bad oils from your skin.


If you stop using EVERYTHING you use for your skin, after a bit of time it will go away.


Just a couple zits here and there will show up.


But things like peroxide are going to dry out your skin because it's taking out all of the good oils from your skin...





which isn't really good.


I noticed that last year I used oxi-pads, Proactive, Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, and a lot of stuff and it would make my skin worse.


but this year, I stopped because it was kinda a waste of my time to use these cleansers,


and now my face is nice and clear :D
As a licensed Aesthetician and beauty expert of 14 years I've studied a lot of acne cases. I have found that a moisturizer meant for ';Sensitive Skin'; not only effectively hydrates your skin, but should have yummy ingredients like chamomile, allantoin, and aloe vera that calm and sooth acneic skin. Since you are already using benzoyl peroxide, stay away from other products with salicylic acid. Too much exfoliation can cause irritation and more acne break-outs!





-Self Tanning Queen


www.selftanningqueen.com
You can use anything that isnt oil based, which cloggs your pores hence havign the adverse of effect of what your using.





I would advice using Cetephil, that was recomended to my daughter when she was having acne issues by her dermatologist. It worked really well. She still uses it today, along with the facial cleanser and body cleanser. You can find it at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens. etc.
Sara St. James has a daily requirement herbal moisturizer that works amazing. Unfortunately I got it as a gift and believe she ordered it offline because I have not seen it around stores at all, but they have an amazing line of makeups as well for covering acne and looking great(:





Help? (: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
hey i know what you mean. I tried out a bunch of scrubs and creams to see which would work for acne prone skin because I used to have it bad.





The moisturizer I use is called Ponds Dry Face Moisturizer. I literally glob it on before I go to bed and it moisturizes so well without clogging your pores. Plus, its hypoallergenic so if you have sensitive skin, it doesn't leave rashes. I use it every night after using my facial scrub and it works amazing.





best of luck:]


logan
clean and clean has a moisturizer with something for acne in it... i forgot what it was but it worked great





it had a purple top
i have really bad skin and when it got dry like yours is i use clinique moisturizing lotion is expensive but very good!
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It's lightweight, but very hydrating

No comments:

Post a Comment