Monday, November 21, 2011

Make up for acne prone skin?

I need a good make up that will cover my acne but not make it worse. also i can't spend a whole lot of money on it... any suggestions?Make up for acne prone skin?
No matter how severe your condition, I would strongly recommend that you try and treat your acne before turning to makeup. Of course, you'll need coverage of some sort, but you need to treat your acne as well. I suggest you go to a dermatologist and ask them what treatments would be best for your skin, and chances are, they know what they're doing ;). Remember to drink plenty of water, too, because it truly does help your skin, and just keep your body cleansed of toxins which may lead to break-outs. I have had the same problem with trying to cover up acne, but I realized that I needed to make sure my skin itself was improved before I go on globbing on the makeup. So, what I started out with was Clean and Clear's PERSA GEL which has 5% Benzoyl Peroxide. I apply this product every night before I go to bed on my problem areas (T-Zone), and by morning when I cleanse my face, my blemishes are significantly minimized. I've found that this product, and others containing 2-5% benzoyl peroxide help many other consumers as well, not just me. While you wait for your acne to diminish, you will want to use a full-coverage foundation, and concealer where you need it. The foundation I recommend for full coverage is Make Up For Ever's HD liquid foundation. It is absolutely amazing. It gives full coverage for the whole face with just one pump, and it doesn't look cakey at all. It is a long-wear foundation, it contains silica, which is a highly-absorbent product used in makeup for oil absorption, and it is oil-free and won't clog pores. The only down-side of this product is that it costs $40, which I know, is a bit pricey. However, I guarantee you that it is worth every penny, and it will last you at least 9 months if you use it every day on your whole face. If you feel that it's a risky move, go to Sephora when you have the time, and have a makeup artist there apply it on your entire face. They will match your skin colour perfectly, and show you how to apply it to optimize coverage. Best of luck! I hope this helped you.Make up for acne prone skin?
Bare Minerals is the absolute best make-up I have ever used! It leaves your face flawless and it doesn't even look like you're wearing any. However, it is in the pricier range.. around $25 per foundation, but worth every cent. Lasts a very long time. The minerals also work really great with your skin to hide bad spots, but not clog pores and cause new ones.
Almay should be fine. They don't have oil based products. The majority of their makeup is water based.

No comments:

Post a Comment