Monday, November 21, 2011

Foundations for oily/acne prone skin?

I know you have heard this question a ton of time. But for the past month I have gone on a strict diet to help with ending my acne on my t-zone area ( nose, around my nose, chin and forhead) Some of my acne on my forhead went away. But the ones around my nose and on my chin didnt. I picked a pimple ( i know very bad) and its realy red , so im resorting on makeup now. Is there any foundationa that covers up pimples, large pores, and acne scars? And something you have used please!Foundations for oily/acne prone skin?
The Body Shop has a Tea Tree Oil line...it's products are all natural (no chemicals) and really inexpensive compared to brands like Clinique or Bare Minerals....anyways, I had an acne problem as a teen and I used their tea-tree oil concealer to hide, heal and prevent new zits. Their loose powder is also good for sensitive or acne prone skin.





It's better if u stay away from foundation while your pimples are healing, because believe me, I've tried so many different kinds, but in the end the skin still ends up shiny and the pores still end up clogged.


At least wait until all your acne has healed, then u can use a foundation for sensitive/acne prone skin (again Body shop, or not u can use Clinique or Neutrogena). For now, just cover with a good concealer that helps to heal at the same time and dust loose powder over your face (Body Shop Loose Powder is again, my top choice).





PS. I take Zinc tablets (u find it at the drugstore, its a normal supplement and inexpensive) and Vitamin C daily...it really helps the acne to heal faster with less scarring.





good luck!








edit: it appears the tea tree concealer has been discontinued :( :( u can use Physician's Formula Gentle Cover庐 Concealer Stick...its mild enough for sensitive skin and won't irritate or cause your acne to worsen...if you want to heal and cover at the same time u can use Maybelline's Blemish Control Concealer....Foundations for oily/acne prone skin?
Your off to a great start with your diet. However, you need a really good skincare system. Start young and you will always look that way! The best makeup would be an oil free make up that doesn't clog your pours.


BeautiControl has great foundations. My favorite is Wet/Dry foundation. It is very light but you get great coverage. You don't feel like you have any on. All products will last you 4 to 6 months. Depending on how you use them.


You should use skincare everyday. Morning and Night. This will help with controling the oil in the areas. Their skincare is based on what ';age'; your skin is acting. If you are just oily with rare breakouts you would use Skinlogics Skincare, but if you have frequent breakouts you would use ALL CLEAR. The skincare will also help with your large pours. As for your scars, Microderm abrasion would be great. It refines your pours, diminishes scarring, smooths skin. It also helps with oil content. It is only used once a week or every two weeks. Depending on your age. If you under 25 I would say every 2 weeks. It is done at night before you go to bed and put on an oil free moisturizer. You would be amazed at the results.


I hope this helped. If you want any info on the products I mentioned you can go to www.beautipage.com/melissacarter


You can contact me as well.
Studies have shown that there is no correlation btw food and acne..however that may be false. Anyway I use a concealer stick..like the pure makeup acne concealer stick. It comes in a few shades and can be bought at the drug store. Pure makeup is good, but mineral makeup is much better for your skin. You dont have to spend a fortune on mineral makeup. You can by it from many companies, like nuetrogena, physicians formula, and loreal. Also, you may want to try Pore Minimizer by Clinique. It reduces the size of your pores(obviously) and gets rid of oil. Hope that helps some!
I had the same problem for years until I switched to Everyday Minerals, Intensive Formula. Try everydayminerals.com. The company sends samples for free and you can get huge discounts on their blog. These minerals are the purest in the market and they get rid of your skin problems forever.
Try Neutra Gena Shine free control cleanser. It makes your skin shine free and it helps treat acne.
You want to go to the store and buy the new Covegirl Tru Blend Powder Foundation, powder foundations are'nt as heavy as liquids.
Neutrogena's Skin Clearing, Oil Free line works well.
I agree with Peach. The Body Shops tea tree line is amazing! I also use their Matt It mattifying gel.
You should try Clinique Clarifying Makeup. It gives great coverage and also has ingredients to heal and prevent acne. Clinique is also 100% fragrance free and Allergy Tested, so it's safe for even the most sensitive skin. It's a wonderful makeup for very oily skin...give it a try. The girls will even match a color for your skin and show you other Clinique products. Good Luck Hun!!
well...i have the same problem and im 14...you should use covergirl clean makeup..but i don't wear it because even though it says won't clog pores..it still will :P any kind of makeup still will..my nose and forehead is just really oily..
Sounds like you're doing all the right things, and as hard as it may be, try not to touch your acne. You're simply spreading the bacteria around. I am a huge fan of Arbonne products. What you put on your skin matters a great deal. Their products are all natural, botanically based, pH balanced, no animal products or by-products, etc. Just great natural stuff. You skin will not only look better but feel better. Once I began using their stuff I never ever bought anything else. You can read all the great stuff about them on line, or drop me an e-mail if you'd like more info. They truly are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment